Slashdot (http://www.slashdot.org) pioneered user generated content with a highly knowledgeable and tech savvy community. We provide our readers with a ritualistic daily dose of technology news, culture and humor. Our fan base is an insatiably loyal, nearly zealous audience dialed into every aspect of the technology world.
We are looking for a user experience designer with a passion for creating simple, clean and intuitive products. You will own the complete user experience for Slashdot.org on web and mobile.
You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. The ideal candidate will understand usability testing, user behavior metrics, and have a keen sense of design aesthetic. You should have a solid understanding of user interface principles, rich visual communication skills.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our community
- Conduct user research and define the user model and user interface
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Translate wireframes into rich visual experiences
- Partner with product managers, developers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field or equivalent experience required
- Hands-on skills in developing wireframes, site maps, user flows, experience maps, personas, etc
- Experience designing for consumer web or mobile applications
- Expert knowledge of interaction design tools to create prototypes
- Must have a killer portfolio featuring examples of design work
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)